I have been interviewed over the years on a variety of different topics, both in the traditional and social media areas. Here are some articles and videos of some of the interviews and presentations I have done over the years.
ACPRESS Webinar (2017)
HubSpot Interview (2017)
What Makes a Great Crisis Message (Melissa Agnes Podcast)
Social Media Pedagogy
- Hootsuite (2016). How I teach social media. Retrieved from https://blog.hootsuite.com/teach-social-media-university-classroom/.
- Lasker, R. (2015, October 5). Centenary College creates social media center in push to teach social media skills. Retrieved from http://college.usatoday.com/2015/10/06/centenary-college-creates-social-media-center-in-push-to-teach-online-skills/ [quoted and featured]
- UofL offers social media course to undergraduate students. (2015, April 29). Retrieved from http://www.wdrb.com/story/28934077/u-of-l-offers-social-media-course-to-undergraduates-2 [quoted and featured].
- How the University of Louisville is teaching social media. (August 13, 2013) Retrieved from http://www.business2community.com/social-media/how-university-of-louisville-is-teaching-social-media-to-communications-students-0585478#DcZwykvbhbABo2Zd.97 [featured]
Social Media Strategies
- Gregory, L. (2017, November). When your family is your brand: Parents as social media influencers. Global News Edmonton. Retrieved from https://globalnews.ca/news/3865397/when-your-family-is-your-brand-parents-as-social-media-influencers/ (Interviewed)
- Cummings, W. (2017, September).Fake holidays like Talk Like a Pirate Day are as old as me peg leg, savvy? Retrieved from https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/09/18/made-up-holidays-talk-like-pirate-day/533398001/ (Interviewed)
- Flynn, K. (2017, June) Admire the beauty that is Instagram’s art gallery at Cannes. Retrieved from http://mashable.com/2017/06/19/instagram-art-gallery-cannes-wander-and-wonder/#1h9qyTkF_OqU .
- Larson, C. (2017, April 12). Here are some of the lessons businesses can learn from the United Airlines fiasco. Retrieved from http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2017/04/12/here-are-some-lessons-businesses-can-learn-from.html (quoted).
- Male, Manual Cyberbullying Story (2016, October). WAVE3 News. Retrieved from http://www.wave3.com/story/33430972/male-manual-rivalry-turns-into-social-media-cyberbullying
- Disconnecting in a digital world (2016, February 19). Retrieved from http://www.wlky.com/news/disconnecting-in-a-digital-world/38066092 [quoted and featured].
- Burns, M.J. (2016, March 21). What does Twitter mean to you? Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/markjburns/2016/03/21/sports140-what-does-twitter-mean-to-you-in-2016/#3b4f22642481 [quoted]
- Horse racing faces a perception problem. (2014, April 29). Retrieved from http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2014/04/29/kentucky-derby/8485899/ [quoted]
- Haurwitz, R.K.M. (2017, May 2). Faster communication needed in emergencies and Austin Police agree. Retrieved from http://www.mystatesman.com/news/local/faster-communication-needed-emergencies-and-austin-police-agree/jXm2TanmpLqyCKYg8u0QzL/ (quoted)
- Burns, M.J. (2016, January 5). 100+ sports business professionals discuss hot topics and bold predictions for 2016. Retrieved from http://www.forbes.com/sites/markjburns/2016/01/05/100-sports-business-professionals-discuss-hot-topics-bold-predictions-for-2016/#5be3873d5bdc [quoted]
Features + Interviews
- Josie and the Podcast (2017, November). Social Media Professor Running on Coffee (Karen Freberg). Retrieved from http://www.josieahlquist.com/podcast/karenfreberg/
- Vallano Media with Cheval John (2017, November). Interview with Dr. Karen Freberg, Associate Professor at the University of Louisville. Retrieved from http://vallanomedia.com/2017/11/16/dr-karen-freberg-associate-professor-university-louisville/.
- Hubspot (2017, May). Teacher’s Lounge Interview with Karen Freberg. Retrieved from https://academy.hubspot.com/education-partner-program/professors/karen-freberg/.
- Kueber, B. (2017, June). Interview with Karen Freberg, Today’s Woman Magazine. [featured interview]. Retrieved from http://www.todayswomannow.com/2017/05/is-social-media-class.html#.WXc-iBPyugQ